Platerecognizer utility for ANPR module in Xeoma
Sometimes it’s not that easy to decode a license plate if the image is blurry or somehow distorted. Xeoma provides multiple ways to enhance license plates recognition by using different utilities such as OpenALPR, iANPR and now – Platerecognizer. It’s an accurate and fast license plates recognition utility that can work with different license plates. Platerecognizer’s algorithms are able to handle plates that are blurry, dark, angled, with stacked characters, etc. It supports over 90 countries.
Platerecognizer utility can work both as a cloud software and as a local software (no Internet required) on a variety of hardware.
Let’s review step-by-step instruction on how to use Platerecognizer utility (and test it).
1. Please visit platerecognizer.com and sign up to receive API key for testing and using the utility free of charge (or purchase necessary product for your requirements):
2. After you confirm your email address, you’ll receive API token:
3. Next you’ll need to open Xeoma (you can download Trial version of Xeoma here) and add ANPR module in your modules chain:
|If you need a demo license, please contact us, we’ll gladly assist!|
4. Then you’ll need to tick Platerecognizer.com option in ANPR module’s settings and specify HTTP address of the recognition service: https://api.platerecognizer.com/v1/plate-reader (this is the address for Cloud API, if you need to use local (on-premise) software, then please do not change this HTTP address of the recognition service field)
|This step describes Cloud API, for local/on-premise SDK installation (on your own computer) please follow this instruction.|
5. If everything is configured correctly, you’ll see license plate recognition in Xeoma:
6. Snapshots/video with decoded license plates can be checked both in your account on platerecognizer.com and in Xeoma:
As you can see, configuration of this utility is really easy. Platerecognizer utility’s algorithms will be a great tool to improve license plate recognition accuracy thanks to its adjustment to various “real-life” factors, such as sun glare, blurry images, fast vehicles, night-time, and many more.
And here is the instruction for local/on-premise SDK installation (on your own computer) click here…
Watch video about License Plate Recognizer
License Plates Recognizer in pictures:
Please feel free to contact us if you need help with configuration or any other assistance, we’re always happy to help!
How do I send less pictures to Platerecognizer? (click to read)
August, 27 2019
ANPR module in Xeoma
Instruction for ANPR module in Xeoma
Additional modules in Xeoma
Object recognizer in Xeoma
Rent of the license is the best way to launch a new project
GPIO module in Xeoma
Object recognition in private life